All written material on this web site is owned by CatholicBridge except where otherwise noted. It has taken thousands of hours, a labour of love but still a lot of work.
Reprinting is not permitted without written permission. If you want to use any of this material please contact us. We often give permission to reprint for Catechism classes, Christian Rites and Initiation, or if someone wants to pass something on to an Evangelical friend, etc., but we would like to know about it.
We also ask those who are granted permission to reprint consider making a small donation (below), as if they were purchasing pamphlets. It is not permitted to upload any of this information to another website without prior permission from CatholicBridge.
Ways to contribute are by donating, or by ordering our music CD for $20 (prices include shipping). A review of the CD by the Catholic Music Network is here. Audio clips are here.
Our Mentors and Acknowledgements:
We have been blessed by many wonderful mentors who have stirred my interest in this field and helped us with content with this site. Among them are:
- John Pacheco, a man who is on fire for a just society and an authentic Catholic Church. He introduced me (Hugh) to this world.
- Fr. Terry Donohue, a brilliant mind who has answered many of our questions and provided content where acknowledged.
- Fr. Bob Bedard, without him I (Hugh) would not be alive today. He supported me all the way and provided neat concepts that have been incorporated into some of these articles. He passed away in Oct 2011.
- Dennis Girard, a former Evangelical pastor. It was letters in response to his questions that became the genesis of this site. He and his lovely wife Angelina became Catholic in 2003.
- Dave Armstrong, a great Catholic theologian who's example has inspired us to be accurate, kind, loving, and enthusiastic.
- Karl Keating who has shown us how to be accurate and scholarly and to provide a professional looking website
- Margot Zunino, who translated over 60 articles into Spanish. The site is now becoming popular among Latin American communities and in Spain.
- Joel Du Broy, several Spanish translations. He started the Spanish thing...thanks Joel.
Most of the photos on this site were taken by Hugh during music tours of Europe, Canada, the US, Guam, Guatemala etc.... If you want to use them for something contact us. If permission is granted we ask that you consider making a donation of around $20 per picture for non commercial limited use.
The picture on the menu of the bridge at sunset is Miramichi Centennial Bridge in New Brunswick Canada and was taken by Fred Petrie. The picture of Mother Theresa on this site is from an unknown photographer. Every effort has been made to find the owner, including direct contact with Sr. Maximillianna of the Sisters of Charity in New York. The manager of Mother Theresa's official web site said it was surely acceptable to use the photo on a site such as this. The picture of JP II on the title bar was furnished to us by the Archdiocese of Ottawa. It was taken at the WYD2000 in Rome. Photos of Hugh were taken by Ann Taillion, Gordon MacDonald, and others.
The Monk art on this site is by Fr. Philippus, OFM Cap. He's a great Franciscan Monk and artist who has allowed his art to be used for non-profit Christian ventures. Cover design stickman on Hugh's CD is by Gordon MacDonald and it is forbidden to copy it. Any other pictures are to the best our knowledge in the public domain and are used in good faith.
The Bible used for quotes on this site is NRSV except where otherwise noted.
Lord Jesus, let Your prayer of unity for Christians
become a reality, in Your way.
We have absolute confidence
that you can bring your people together,
we give you absolute permission to move.